• Manchester United hope to sign two new strikers this summer
• Robin van Persie has been disappointing for much of this season
• Serie A giants Juventus and Inter Milan are both keen on the Dutchman
• United are interested in Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
• Adrian Durham: Rooney and Carrick are the only Man Utd players with the ‘football intelligence’ demanded by Louis van Gaal
Juventus and Inter Milan are among clubs showing interest in Robin van Persie’s situation at Old Trafford.
The Manchester United striker has been out of the picture during the club’s rise up the table with an ankle ligament injury ruling him out for the past six weeks. He has still managed 10 goals this season but his performances have been under par.
United want to liven up their strikeforce in the summer and are looking to bring in two new forwards with Radamel Falcao expected to return to Monaco and Van Persie in danger of becoming a more peripheral figure.
The Holland international turns 32 in August and will have one year left on his contract at the end of this season. United will talk to him in the summer but would listen to what other clubs have to offer.
Juventus and Inter are admirers and know he could give them a short-term quality option.
Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona are also in the market for back-up strikers of his level, although Barca remains under a transfer embargo until January.
PSG, though, also have doubts about the future of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and should he leave they would prefer to keep Cavani.
The Uruguayan joined the French champions in a £50million deal from Napoli in the summer of 2013.